The European Commission, in collaboration with the European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on Water, is pleased to invite you to this eafip workshop which targets public procurers in the water sector (ministries, regional and local authorities, public utility companies, etc.).
The workshop will be held in the Water Campus (Leeuwarden, the Netherlands) on 9th February 2016.
The aim of the event is to highlight the benefits of innovation procurement of ICT solutions through the Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) and Public Procurement of Innovative Solutions (PPI) approaches across Europe.
Public procurers could gain a lot from innovation procurement, which empowers public authorities to procure pioneering solutions customised to their specific needs, while saving money – Impact studies show that PCP/PPI creates on average 20% cost savings on public procurement expenditures.
This workshop is free of charge and features presentations and networking discussions on (see agenda):
- EU funding opportunities for PCP and PPI (in the framework of the Horizon 2020 calls).
- Case examples and lessons learned.
- The eafip Toolkit (aimed to support you in preparing your innovation procurement).
Lunch and coffee/tea will be provided.
The workshop is only open to public contracting authorities who will have a unique chance to openly discuss unmet procurement needs, innovation concepts, project ideas, and much more.
All procurers will have an opportunity to briefly present their ideas / plan / projects in the parallel sessions. You can already start thinking of concrete examples that you would like to implement!
Under Horizon 2020, there is considerable EU funding to support PCP and PPI procurement. The following four calls are relevant to the water sector:
- ICT-34: Open to any area of public interest needing ICT based solutions (€ 4 million; deadline 12 April 2016).
- ICT-33(a): European wide networks of public procurers preparing future PCPs or PPIs in any area of public interest that requires ICT based solutions (€ 4 million max; deadline 25 April 2017).
- SC5-27: Preparing PCPs and PPIs in climate action, environment, resource efficiency, raw materials (part of a larger call of € 8,55 million; deadline 8 March 2016).
- ICT-27(d): Robotics based solutions for smart city applications (€ 7 million; deadline 25 April 2017).
This workshop is held in the framework of the EIP Water Conference on 10th February 2016, which is organised under the general theme of “How is water innovation succeeding in Europe?”.
If you have any questions about this workshop or the eafip initiative, contact us via our website or sign-up for updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to this workshop in Leeuwarden!